Thursday, May 7, 2009

How i collect data in my territory

communications reseach

I did my data collection at where I stay in Kotobabi. I interviewed people I know, including my friends, people that stay around me and even others I do not know.

Indeed it is not easy collecting data from a wide array of people. Some people shy away from you, while others make themselves available. Some even ask whether there would be any reward if he/she is interviewed.

Technically, one has to use his/her expertise in this discipline, to talk to people the way they can understand. Explain vividly what the information is meant for, because most interviewees wish to know before they grant interviews.

The techniques appropriate for this kind of research, I suggested was, self-administered.

But I used face-to-face because the self-administered did not work. Face-to-face is better because it is assured of quality response.

Averagely, the maximum duration I have encounted with anybody during this interview was between 20-40 minutes. The reason is that, some respondents need more explanation than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment